What comes to your mind when you do keyword research for SEO? There are lots of factors involved in keyword research? Time has changed so did the updates of Google. The importance of keyword relevance signals has dropped down over the years as search engines give it less preference and take other factors on the top.
Therefore, it won’t be wrong to say that taking keywords in the title tag or heading tags are no longer mandatory like it used to be.
You must have seen heading tags like (H1, H2, and H3) that help the pages rank in the top five search engine results page. The strategy of using keywords phrases within the text of a webpage shows no importance now to get the page on top rank.
It would be wrong to say to abandon the idea of the keyword research process entirely and start paying attention to content creation. If you are thinking that way then, you are wrong.
Keyword research for SEO is still vital, but the practice has slightly changed. Creating different meanings of a phrase is vitally important as the popularity of the meanings.
The creation of fresh content and the use of words are still an essential part of SEO. This post will give you a better understanding of how to research keywords in the right way that matches the need for search engine optimisation.
The aim is to let you know how keyword research plays an excellent role in speeding up your SEO and numerous misconceptions in the keyword strategies.
Have you ever thought about what unique process does the top-ranked sites in the search engine follow? The top ten rankers rank in the search engine because their web pages can satisfy the user intent specifically for that keyword phrase.
You must know what the user is looking for. Understanding the user intent of a phrase is essential; this is how you will be able to make your content strategy and bring creation accordingly.
The ambiguous user intent gives rise to multiple meanings. So make sure to have a list of all different user intents. When you search for something on Google, you come across the different user intents.
The most searched keywords or the most popular variation is seen on the top rank. Or you can say that the most popular keyword is likely to be seen in the highest-ranked. That is why user intent is important so that you have an idea of what keyword to select that ranks higher in the search engine.
The important insights you must know
As is seen in most of the queries, the top-ranked sites rank at the top not because they have more links attached to their pages. They come to the top-ranked pages because they contain all of the related keywords that customers look for.
Most of the top raked sites on the first page of the search engine satisfy most of the popular user intent for the relevant keyword phrase.
When you search for something on Google, if you are getting to see three user intents for a search query, these will be the most popular user intent shown at the top, not the site containing most keywords anchor text. This takes the keyword popularity to a new level and gives it an entirely new meaning!
In case of a split in user intent, the results will be a little different. Some users are researching for health purposes. Some users are researching with the intent to make a purchase; Google will consistently rank those pages that convey information rather than those for transactional purposes. It doesn’t matter how many links are linked to your page. If the user intent is unpopular on that page, it is challenging to appear in the top five in the search engine.
When it comes to ranking for keyword phrases, it is no longer associated with the term ranking the web pages with maximum links and the most efficient content. The whole idea is about ranking the web pages that satisfy the most popular user intent.
You should have an in-depth understanding of users’ intent. The excellent idea of user intent helps you and the need of the users. That is why an understanding of user intents of keyword phrases is the most important thing. If you go a little up, you will see that keywords from the beginning have played a vital role in ranking and continue to play the same but in a different manner in which they are primarily used.
Planning for SEO strategy is essential, and keyword research is one of the optimal ways of this strategy. Though it can be done using AdWords keyword planner, Google Trends is also one of the best ways to do the same.
Google trends give a platform of lots of keywords that give you a great learning experience and provide you with data not for today but for a more extended time. Google trend is an effective tool to know what searchers intent is and how organic keywords are being placed.
Google Trends will reflect how search terms trend up and down and show the cyclical pattern trending and regional patterns. With the help of cyclical and regional patterns, you will have an idea to roll out certain kinds of keywords and will be able to focus on your link building for a specific type of phrases. Those phrases will gain more popularity in those regions. Consider this a critical sight!
Keyword Research for SEO: 3 Important steps you can follow
Most of you must be looking to find a solution of how a webpage uses a keyword phrase that improves ranking visibility and is easily found in better rankings.
You can follow and keep the below-given steps in mind:
Step 1: Keyword Strategies are about topical map.
A proper keyword strategy works when creating a topical map of your domain so that you can grow your site to become authoritative, trustworthy, and expert.
Step 2: Identify the search and user intent and then satisfy the intent.
The objective of algorithms is to satisfy user queries and answer their questions. Now, they don’t match the search queries to keywords on a web page like old times.
Due to this reason, you don’t need to phrase your pages as questions and answers. Instead, keep knowledge of user intent or search intent latent in the keywords so that you can construct your content and satisfy the user intent in the keyword phrase.
Search engines no longer follow the old method; it has started minimising the importance of keyword relevance signals for ranking.
You must know that keywords are not necessarily essential to be present in the heading tags or title tags (H1, H2, H3) to get a top rank in the search engine results. Also, using exact keyword phrases done within the text is no longer required.
Now, you must be thinking that you should abandon the keyword research process and pay more attention to content creation. No, you don’t need to. Keyword research still plays an underlying part but differently, not like as used to be practised in the past.
For example, the different meanings of a phrase and the popularity of meaning are still vital.
You continue to use the skilful use of words because it is still an important part; this post will show you how keywords can be researched appropriately to easily help search engine optimisations work.
This post will help you understand
- How keyword research still plays an important role.
- What numerous misconceptions are all about.
- Scientific understanding of keywords usage by search engines will help you rank higher in the search engine for high traffic or high conversion keywords.
The guidelines mentioned above are equally important for mobile content as well.
Step 3: Make a strategy to integrate user experience for keywords.
The main reason for web pages to rank is because of the websites linked to those pages. People never link to a web page, considering the keyword relevance. Only SEO becomes a part of a bar, a speakeasy, and a dive.
People link to a site only for a good user experience. Take a look at your keyword list through user intent or search intent. Then, make a strategy for how resulting content should be used to create an optimal user experience. Find the keywords now and improve your users’ experience along with your online marketing strategy!
What Is the Importance of Guest Posting in SEO?
SEO consists of two aspects: on-page SEO and off-page SEO. While on-page is a crucial part, off-page is also a prime factor. Both play a very significant role in ranking your website. Some of the terms we often hear in off-page SEO are link-building, guest posting, profile links, Web 2.0, article submission.
Today, we will discuss guest posting, which is a part of off-page SEO. If you want to know how to do it and how it will be beneficial to your website, you are reading the right article.
What is guest posting?
Guest posting is a very effective way to increase visitors to your website. The process includes writing/contributing an article on someone else’s website. It is one of the effective ways to get back high-quality backlinks and get high-quality referral traffic to your website.
Guest Posting or guest blogging is a win-win situation for everyone. The guest blogger gets high-quality backlinks, and the site owner gets quality content related to his/her website niche. Guest posting started as the next step to social media blogging. But later, it became a way for marketers to gain more backlinks within a short span using spammy techniques. So Google put many restrictions on Guest posting and warns against mass guest posting or low-quality guest posts. But it remains one of the most effective methods for link building.
Valuable guidelines for creating guest posts
- The guest post should be niche-relevant. This means that the article should relate to your website and the website on which you are guest posting.
For example, if your site is about guitars and the host site is about dog food, then the results will not be fruitful. Your article would not get visitors as the information is not relevant. If the admin of the host website notices that you have posted a non-niche relevant link, they will remove your article. All your time and energy will go down the drain. Thus, you must always write an article related to your site and the site you submit your article.
- The content you are going to post should not be plagiarized. SEO is all about creating original content for the reader. Stealing and publishing someone else’s content will only result in you being banned from the website for a lifetime. Or worse, spammed by a Google ban that will not be something you would want.
Guest posting blog goals
Before you start writing a guest post, you must have specific goals in mind. Your aim must not be to get high-quality backlinks and provide irrelevant content (or spun content) to your visitors without delivering any value to them. If you want to take full advantage of your guest blogging exercise, you must have specific goals before writing a guest post. Here are some of the significant factors which you must keep in mind:
- Position yourself as an authority who create meaningful relationships in the industry.
- Get relevant exposure (traffic) to your website.
- Build your site’s domain authority and page authority by getting high-quality backlinks.
How to find the right guest blogging opportunities
This is the first thing you must look for before writing any guest post. You must do thorough research to find the ideal guest post prospects and make a list of sites relevant to your niche or industry. Here are some of the opportunities/prospects which you can consider while posting a guest blog on any site:
1. Google string search
There are hundreds of strings in Google that can help you find the right opportunities for guest blogging. Here are some of the search operators which you can use:
- “submit a guest post…”
- “guest post”
- “guest post by”
- “accepting guest posts…”
- “guest post guidelines”
- [your_topic] “write for us”
- [your_topic] “become an author”
- [your_topic] “guest post”
- [your_topic] “guest article”
- [your_topic] inurl”contribute
2. Social media searches
Want to know the most relevant sites within your niche and industry which guest bloggers post on? The best way is to search with the keyword “guest post” on significant search engines. Twitter is one of the most well-known sites, so you can enter the keyword “guest post” to see the list of tweets posted related to guest posting in your industry. Follow these tweets to know which are the most relevant sites for accepting guest posts.
The use of guest posting in SEO
Guest posting gives many advantages to your website. These include:
- It advertises your site.
- It is an excellent way of marketing.
- If you offer someone to guest post on your site, you will be getting new and fresh content every day.
You can say that it is beneficial to both the sites.
What an ideal guest post should have
A guest post generally consists of 300 to 500 words. There should be a title, headings and subheadings as you would do when doing on-page SEO. When you write your article, you insert a link to your website. And this is how you get the benefit of having more traffic to your web page.
Types of guest posting
There are two types of guest posting – paid and free. Here we are talking about the free or unpaid method, also called article submission.
Guest post writing: How to write a quality guest post
There are some points that you should keep in mind while writing an article which is as follows:
- Check that article is plagiarism-free. The content should be original and fresh. Copied content gets spammed and deleted.
- Put the right amount of keywords in it.
- Give your article a unique title and incorporate your main keywords so that the crawlers would identify your topic.
- Put the main headings and subheadings in your article.
- Make bullet points and short paragraphs to make your article more presentable and reader-friendly.
If you are looking for good results in terms of the ranking of your website, then this is the fastest and the most relevant way to do it.
Why Is Quality Content Creation Important In SEO?
Search engines are the go-to source of information whenever a consumer seeks out a product or service, and if you’ve got a business, you want your name to show up in the search results.
However, this isn’t based purely on relevancy, and many factors will influence your position in the search results, including your commitment to content creation. Given that you’ll be competing with all other businesses offering the same service, you want to make your website favourable in the eyes of Google’s algorithms. And this is possible by ensuring quality content creation for your SEO.
Defining “Quality” Content
SEO content is a content that is specifically created to increase your ranking in the search results, but the quality of the content will determine how helpful it is in doing that. Most of the time, a “quality” piece of content has all of the following qualities:
- Usefulness: You want the content to be useful to the consumer, and usually, this just means being informative.
- Value: Your goal is to provide content that is more valuable than what consumers will find elsewhere, which could mean offering a different perspective or saying something that others don’t seem to be mentioning
- Credibility: You want to come off as credible, and when you are writing about your area of expertise, this is usually pretty easy. Author biographies, customer testimonials, thorough research, and useful links will also add to your credibility.
- Engaging: You want the content to be engaging, and aside from being generally interesting, this usually means having images, tables, and infographics, among other things. Regular updates, comment boxes, and social media sharing links are also helpful.
- Originality: Originality is one of the most essential qualities. While you may not be able to find original topics, the way you approach and write about those topics should be original. This is not only more interesting, but it’s more favourable to Google’s algorithms as well.
Why Does Quality Content Creation Matter?
Every piece of content that you produce becomes another potential entry point into your website, which means more ways for consumers to find you. Google indexes each page of content separately, so the more pages you have, the more times you appear in Google’s index.
While quantity increases the number of avenues that consumers can take to your site, quality increases the likelihood that they’ll come across that content in the first place. This is so important that many people will hire a professional SEO content writer to produce content for them. Google’s algorithms crawl the Internet to create useful and relevant results for the person searching. They favour all of the qualities listed above, and if you explore Google’s many learning resources, you’ll quickly understand the importance of quality.
Google provides guidance on creating high-quality sites, and they’ll tell you that original, information-rich content is one of the most important things you can have. When you can produce engaging and accurate content that clearly explains a topic, you’re more likely to gain visitors and keep them on your site.
Quality Content Is More Likely to Be Shared
Also, remember that high-quality content is more likely to be shared and used on other websites as a resource. Article writing, for example, is a great way to get information out there, and useful articles often get shared. When your content is available in more places, you increase the chances of a potential customer coming across it. Marketing and spreading your content are some of the best things you can do for SEO, and when your content links back to your website, you can bring in more traffic.
This is part of the reason why it’s helpful to include “share” links on your website so that visitors can interact with the content and share pages that they find helpful. High-quality content that gets shared will also spread awareness of your business and help you gain consumer trust.
Keyword Quality and SEO
Content creation in the written form will almost always consider keywords. When you put the right keywords in your content, it automatically becomes more relevant to the person searching.
Researching keywords helps you understand what people search to reach your website. You can use tools such as Google Analytics to find the most successful keywords. Using these appropriately with your website content can be extremely helpful in boosting your search ranking. Of course, you should do your keyword research before writing your content to write more relevant material.
Types of Written Content
Written content comes in many forms, and including various content often helps you improve your search ranking. The most popular types of written content include:
- Product pages
- Blog posts
Other types of content would include photos, videos, and infographics, among other things.
The Benefits of Hiring a Company to Write Your Content
When you need to get serious about article writing or creating content, you can write things yourself, pay one of your employees to write, or find a company that offers this kind of work at an affordable rate.
High-quality content requires a time commitment and no matter how skilled you or your employees might be, producing content can take you away from other responsibilities. When you hire a company, you simply explain your needs briefly, place an order, and wait for them to produce, which will usually be just a few days. The other benefits of hiring a professional include:
- You can make sure that your staff is focused on their core responsibilities, and you don’t have to take extra time out of your day to write website content.
- Even if you think that you are a good writer, remember that an SEO content writer writes every day and is writing things that are similar to what you need, so he or she already knows how to generate quality content. Professional writers know how to write and structure sentences in a way that keeps the content interesting and clear, and everything will go through an editing process to eliminate spelling errors, grammar mistakes, and wordiness, among other things.
- It’s easy for a content writing company to increase their output as you start to require more content. If you suddenly jump from three to six blog posts a month, your content company won’t have any trouble adjusting.
Most importantly, professional content writers know how to think as a reader, and they won’t be biased. They are less concerned with the brand itself and more concerned with producing content that sounds natural and less like an advertisement.
SEO Techniques for Improved Organic Traffic
Are you ready to get powerful SEO techniques to increase 10x your search traffic even faster?
Nowadays, SEO or search engine optimisation is a major strategy to follow every step you write an article.
Yes, every step. Don’t worry here; I’ll give you the perfect techniques.
Follow the steps below and grow your search traffic quickly.
On-Page SEO Techniques
1. Focus Keyword Optimization
The focus keyword is the search term you want to rank a post or page. When people search for the keyword or phrase, they will get you on SERP (Search Engine Result Page).
So, this became so important for any post or page. And before you pick a keyword as a focus keyword, do some research and analyse them.
I would recommend you to use some tools available on the internet.
Some of them are free, and some pro tools are paid.
The tool I personally use to do keyword research is SEMrush. It’s a paid tool, but it gives me great results and accuracy.
You can use Google Keyword Planner as your primary keyword tool.
And this is the all-time best tool that you can use.
But this keyword tool does not give accurate keyword volume. So, you can use Ahrefs or SEMrush as your keyword research tool.
2. Optimise Post Title
Post Title is the identity of an article. And you should make it very catchy and relevant.
Title optimisation is not a big deal; it’s easy.
Just follow a few steps and done,
2.1 Focus Keyword in the title
Target a focus keyword for your article that describes the entire content in a word or a sentence.
To simplify you more, suppose this article is about SEO techniques, and here I am writing a list of techniques to get more search traffic. So, here I will go with “SEO Techniques“.
I simply put the keyword in this article: Powerful SEO Techniques That’ll Improve Organic Search Traffic.
2.2 Use Sub Keyword on Your Post Title:
Side by side, you should find some sub keyword and add them to the title.
The sub keyword helps readers to understand the content precisely.
Here, I used the keyword “improve organic search traffic“.
2.3 Positive Keyword SEO Techniques
Third, add some positive keywords to the title.
A positive keyword means engaging the keyword.
Such as Powerful, Actionable, Effective, Beginner, Advance, Top, Review, etc
That increases the number of clicks, and it’s worked very well.
2.4 Use Number in The Title
Add some numbers to the title.
If you are writing a tutorial type article and there are some very powerful steps, you can use the number of steps and give a suitable title, such as:
- How to Make a WordPress site in Just 15 Steps,
- How to make egg roll in 15 minutes
- Youtube SEO techniques to improve Subscribers in 2021
- How to Make a Free Website in 2021
3. Optimise Article URL
Day by day, Google or every search engine algorithm is changing.
A short URL is a better option to get a positive ranking result, but is it enough?
No, you should follow some rules, and here I am giving you the one by one tip.
- The URL should be shorter and relevant. The shorter URL is getting better ranking results than a long URL.
- When you add some keyword to a URL, it’s called a keyword-rich URL.
- So add the focus keyword on the URL. As before I discussed, the focus keyword is an excellent option for you to use everywhere.
- Adding some numbers on the URL is also a better option.
- If your focus keyword does not make it enough, you can number, such as year, list number, steps number, etc.
4. Article Optimisation
4.1 Use Proper Headings
Google loves the articles to have appropriately structured and also uses the proper headings.
So, to get a better ranking to use the proper heading structures. Not only that, if you use the headings accordingly, it will be more acceptable for readers.
Headings are used to wrap up the headings and differentiate them from the rest article.
Google fetches the headings and understands that what the paragraph about is.
When you add the important headlines, then use the h2; on the third line, headings use the h3 heading as a subheading.
If you care about your content, then use the heading properly and to quickly get a massive positive result.
- The first paragraph should be shorter and relevant to the article.
- Use the focus keyword in the first paragraph of the article.
- Write relevant and descriptive content only; no need to make it longer.
- Use table of contents.
- Keep paragraph short and friendly.
- Use You and I on the article.
- Ask questions yourself on the article ( Shall I, Do you have any idea, etc.)
- Use headings and subheadings to make the article structured.
- Write a conclusion to each of the article.
- Add Questions top of the post after the first paragraph.
- Use quality images.
- Resource page link building (Wiki, related to the industries)
- Use long-tail keywords on the article (from SERP bottom).
- Add FAQ to make it more acceptable to the reader (also helps to rank).
- Use image and infographics.
- Use the correct alt tag and keyword in your image.
- Add image resource link to avoid image copyright issues.
- Add [Related: Link ] where applicable.
5. SEO Audit
5.1 Meta Description SEO Techniques
This will appear as the description when this post shows up in the search results.
And that’s why you should optimise your meta description because before someone clicked on your article they could find some short info about the article.
And not only that, Google fetch the meta description as well. If your meta description is optimised, you have a better chance to get ranked.
So, How can you optimise, and what should you follow?
Here are the basic techniques to follow,
First, write a meta description that describes what the whole article is about.
Second, input the focus keyword on the meta description as well.
Yes, on a survey, we found that the meta description, including the focus keyword, has better ranking results.
Third, add some sub keyword as well.
To make the meta description more effective, add some sub keyword, but a maximum of 3 to 4 keywords.
Fourth but not the least, add an actionable keyword at the end of the meta description.
Such as, follow the steps, read more, etc. Do some research to get more ideas on.
And the last, the meta description should not be e exceeds 150 words.
5. Clean Technical SEO Problems (Site Audit)
- Optimise images.
- Use CDN.
- Optimise font size and weight
- Avoid using rush plugins.
- Use a lightweight theme.
- Remove broken links from your content (expired or 303 redirect link).
- Delete underperformance pages (low pages good for SEO).
- Remove contents that slow down your site speed (post or pages).
- For mobile-friendly use, WPTouch or AMP.
- Make backlink to authority website related to your industries.
- Check your site on “GTMetrix” and solve the issues.
- Encourage others trusted site to link to you (Email Outreach).
- Hack Wikipedia for keyword research.
- Use Ubersuggest for content ideas.
- Use Amazon, Reddit for keyword research, Quora, wiki,
- Use Google suggest
- CTR- improve: Long Post, #Addon little, Addon Niche, term
- Dwell Time: Pause content to top, add catchy featured images to get interested.
- Get an idea from YouTube, wiki, Amazon, Bing.
- Reduce Bounce Rate (Webmaster tool/by improving your content)
- Use Adword to optimise for CTR.
- Pay attention to surf features.
- Use “people ask for” from Google to use question on your blog post.
- Update your old content
- Find your competitors SEO keywords.
- Write unique content consistently to improve your ranking.
What Is the Importance of Guest Posting in SEO?
7 Digital Marketing Strategies for Small Businesses
How to Generate Endless Blog Post Ideas for Your Site
Email Marketing Tutorial in 2021
Why Is Quality Content Creation Important In SEO?
- email marketing2 years ago
How to Stop Your Emails from Going to the Recipient’s Spam Folder
- Social Media2 years ago
7 Creative Money-Making Ideas for Stay-At-Home Moms
- Content6 months ago
How To Market Your Business Effectively At Trade Shows
- Digital Marketing2 years ago
The Growing Importance of Online Marketing
- Content2 years ago
The Right Length For Content Marketing Articles
- Social Media2 years ago
4 Tips to Boost your Sales on Social Media
- Digital Marketing2 months ago
SEO Techniques for Improved Organic Traffic
- SEO2 years ago
An Introduction to SEO